Ugrás a fő tartalomra

Pepe Toth Interview


Like any others, I am a great fan of the Red Spot books, too. Thanks to the Könyvmolyképző Publisher Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Luxen series can be read in Hungarian. The third book was published this year.
Only a few people know and most of the readers aren’t aware of the fact that the model on the cover representing Daemon Black is Pepe Toth, and he originates from our country.

He has a big fan group all over the world, so we thought you would like, if the magazine had made a short interview with him.

~ Sandy


While most of the world knows who Pepe Toth is, the Hungarian readers learnt your name only when the book Obsidian (Luxen series) was published. As far as I know, you were still living in Hungary at that time. Has this event changed your life and if yes, in what way?

When Obsidian was published, I was living at home, but it hasn’t really affected my life. If I were still at home, it wouldn’t be a big deal. But in America, since this country is the leader in the film and book industry, I experienced some change.


Your face has been used for many things, I guess you aren’t even aware of it directly. A hope my question is not too indiscreet, but has it ever happened, that your photos were used to a commercial, that you wouldn’t have consented to?

I really don’t know many of the commercial, since my photos are used in many places but so far I didn’t meet anything I would have refused.


Is there anything you would like to be its ‘face’?

It mostly depends on my manager, but a few would refuse a famous perfume or watch commercial.


It’s not a widely known fact that you are not just a model, but a footballer as well. Is it difficult to do the two things simultaneously? Which one do you prefer?

I had a long, hard injury, and because of that I had to stop, so I had a plenty of time to be a model. Fortunately the injury is gone now, but I can’t answer what will happen in the future.


What do your teammates say to you for being a model and being referred to the fictitious character, Daemon Black? Were you poked because of it?

They don’t know much about all of this at home, and the teammates, who do, encouraged me, congratulated and their feels are positive about it. Mostly my best friends are yanking my chains, but I know that they are just friendly.


As far as I know, you keep in touch with more than one author. Are there among them anyone who similarly to Jennifer L Armentrout, imagined you as the representative of his or her character, and if there is, which character is your favourite?

I’m have spoken with more than one author, but Jennifer is the closest to me, we can say that we are in daily touch. A few weeks ago in a book show, I met authors, who told me that my photos were used to create the cover, but I haven’t read them, so I don’t know the characters.


What’s your opinion on the author-reader meeting? If I do not make a mistake, you have attended a few events like that. Is there anything you particularly like in these? Do you have unpleasant experience with the fans?

Yes, one of the biggest events was held in Las Vegas, and today I participated in another one is Houston. I have only pleasant experiences, and I don’t find it being a burden, that many times it starts at eight o’clock in the morning and ends only at midnight. Of course, there are things that start unpleasant, but the situation always depends on your reactions.


I read somewhere that you like watching television series. Would you take roles in movies or series? What kind of a character would you like to be? And if you were asked to play the role of Daemon Black in the Luxen movie, would you accept it?

I consider myself to be open minded, and normally I am not abashed. I think I would be successful in the role of a romantic lover or a cold blooded serial killer. And I quite surely I could play Daemon Black quite well.


Both playing football and being a model has an age limit. Have you ever thought about what you would like to do when you cannot do anymore these things? How do you imagine your future?

In America it’s really important to go to a college. In fact a degree, which hasn’t been made in this country is not taken seriously. My application for a college was accepted, and when I’ finished it, I would like to stay close to the football.


Is your heart reserved? ‘Cause if not, I know a few applicants.

Hahaha, I’m sorry, they have to look for another one.


As the last question: would you like to send a message to the magazine’s readers and your fans in Hungary?

Jennifer told me yesterday, that in 2016 she would like us to go on tour in Europe: Spain, Italy, Germany and England are in the plan, but relax, I told her that the most beautiful city was Budapest, and I hope to convince her. Each Hungarian like and share gives more chance for a dedication in Hungary. 

Thanks for the interview!

So do we! 


We send Pepe all our best wishes, and we are grateful to him that in spite of his little free time, he made time for us!





Ha kíváncsiak vagytok az interjúra magyarul, nincs más dolgotok, csak a képre kattintva letölteni a 7. számunkat.

Jó olvasást!


Megjegyzések